Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh Tannenbaum.



We have a Christmas tree!
Sophomore year Anna called me while I was walking to track practice and said, "B, today I got an email from the super saying that I had a package, so I picked it up and it was this weird really skinny long box.... and inside it was a Christmas tree!" I later found out that her mom simply just cut down a tree from their rural Vermont backyard, packaged it, and sent it as a surprise. Ever since then, it has been a tradition.
With Christmas music playing over the radio in the dining halls and our beautiful little tree lit up in our room, it really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Oh yeah, and it snows here, so these people will actually experience a white Christmas... but I am looking forward to going back home to my California sun [which will unfortunately be rain when I come back home]!
Hope everyone enjoys the holiday season-- I have a bajillion assignments to get through before I can even start thinking about the holidays. Eek!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun tradition! We're waiting til we have kids before we invest in a tree. We haven't been home during Christmas yet- we spend the time with my parents or his.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! If you have anything you are curious about and you want me to blog about, leave those questions here,too. I would love to hear from you!