Thursday, March 18, 2010

Media Manager

What an incredibly busy week. I spent most every day this week in the office into the night, trying to figure out how to get media ready for the Thandanani director's overseas trip coming in April. My job was to rewrite the evalution from last December in a donor-friendly format and make a video that would tell the Thandanani story. I had a little over a week to finish the project, and after hours of trying to learn the Vegas Pro software, multiple trips into townships for beneficiary interviews, many attempts at voice-over recording sessions, and much time sorting all the photographs I have taken since being here-- voila! We have a video! :)




This video is a short, 3-minute version of the 20+ minute one that is going overseas for presentations. This is just a short to kindly solicit donations and bring attention to the world of the work and the need here. The longer video includes many more pictures, the stories of 2 children, 3 interviews of children and a caregiver [with a voiceover done by me-- how horrifying], and the Thandanani director telling the story of the organization. I definitely will not bore you with that one, but hopefully you like the 3-minute one and it touches your heart just a little. :)
I will admit, as much stress as this caused me over the week, I really enjoy this type of work. It is nice to be able to think creatively and be a part of a process form start to finish [field work to the desk], and to create a product that can develop positive change. Maybe I can figure out how to sharpen my amateur photography and video-editing skills to make more... some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! If you have anything you are curious about and you want me to blog about, leave those questions here,too. I would love to hear from you!