Saturday was a fun day. First, I went to Durban to compete in the South African Track and Field Championships on the KwaZulu Natal team. It was really official, with the motorcycle camera man on the track and all that jazz. I happened to be competing for the province that is a bit "ghetto" in that their uniform was simply black spandex shorts and a black crop-top... but I felt really official and professional getting to compete in one of those crop tops like they do on TV! I did horribly in long jump, though. We don't need to talk about that. It was just cool to be in a national competition and being able to add yet another track uniform to my collection! It was another nationally televised meet and once again I missed it on TV... womp womp.After the meet I went back with Morgan, another Harvard '09er who is here on a Fulbright. Then we decided to play with Brittan's hair. Always an interesting experience, to say the least. Here are some before [attack of the hairdryer] and after shots:
[C'mon, I must get major props here for having the guts to show that to the world!]
We decided my new 'do shouldn't go to waste and we wanted to go dancing. We failed. People here are obsessed with house/techno music. We both wanted something we knew how to dance to, namely hip hop. After multiple tries, we ended up at a place called "Dance Cafe," which was a bunch of old people dancing to a bunch of bad old music. There was even a strange old man that loved dancing with us. He sweated on me. It was nasty. So we failed in that regard, but it was still a fun night!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment! If you have anything you are curious about and you want me to blog about, leave those questions here,too. I would love to hear from you!