This weekend I went on holiday with Therusha, the receptionist at Thandanani, and her family and friends. It was in celebration of her 10th wedding anniversary, which you would think she would want to keep to just her and her husband, but in traditional Indian fashion the celebration meant having lots of people over [and I would be a good babysitter for her daughters while they did have alone time]. We went to Port Edward, a beach at/near Durban and stayed there for the weekend. I love love love being at the beach [possibly because I am Californian?]!
It was a nice weekend to be away from the usual place. I felt guilty about being a little [internally] grumpy, because it was hard for me to be around a large group of people who 1. I don't know, 2. drink, swear and smoke a lot [which I didn't do, didn't like that they did around kids, and made me feel like I was going to get lung cancer before the end of the weekend], and 3. didn't want to go to the beach! They didn't want to go outside too much in fear of their skin getting darker, which made for a very interesting day when the power went out on Sunday. But I am not complaining-- I was very happy to go on this trip! I took the power outage as an opportunity to go on an hour+ long walk on the beach by myself, take some pictures, and pick up seashells like a child who has just found a new treasure. I really enjoyed my time at Port Edward, and it made me a bit homesick thinking of the last few times I was at the beach with friends/boyfriend-- I miss them/him! It was beautiful, though and I stood a very long time just watching the HUGE waves [reason I never went into the water] crash into the rocks and slide down back into the ocean.
/embed>
Therusha was also very excited to take me to Wild Coast: "Oh! You will love it! We have a casino and the lights! Oh, the lights are so amazing. And there are so many gambling machines! I love going there." So I went, expecting to see South Africa's Las Vegas.. well, it was South Africa's Vegas, but it was one casino that would have been the smallest casino I would have ever seen in Vegas, haha. I tried to act very impressed, but we all know the secret!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment! If you have anything you are curious about and you want me to blog about, leave those questions here,too. I would love to hear from you!