Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Fun!

I love Sundays. They just generally tend to be awesome days. This Sunday was no exception.

This morning I walked to church, and I really enjoyed it. Sunday standard.
After that, I got to do my laundry at the YDC which was awesome because I wasn't in the mood to handwash all my clothes. And it was a hot day so they would dry on the line before nightfall! Perfect!
And while I was at the YDC doing my laundry, I brought bananas over and baked banana bread. Wonderful! I forgot that I love baking, and it brought me back to my college days when Anna baked banana bread all the time. Mine wasn't as good as hers, but it was still good.

But the fun happened after that: Klaske had some water balloons that she bought in Holland and we filled them all up for a water balloon fight with the boys at Kayalethu, a shelter for young boys that are living on the street. Within seconds of hearing about the water fight, the boys from the shelter were already stripped down to shorts/underwear and ready. The boys were so excited-- they were having fun just filling up the balloons! Well the water balloon fight started and ended within about two seconds: the balloons were finished. But then a huge water fight commenced, with the boys running back and forth finding bottles and buckets and hoses and whatever there was around to get other people soaking wet. It was so, so, so wonderful to see these boys so happy, and it made it a wonderful Sunday indeed!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! If you have anything you are curious about and you want me to blog about, leave those questions here,too. I would love to hear from you!