Anyway, I broke my house. I don't know how I did it. Two nights ago I was making soup, trying to sort out a way to have a SuperBowl party in South Africa [go Colts!]. I hear a weird noise. Then I realize that none of my outlets work. None of them. I have lights, but no outlets. "Whatever, this is fine," I think, "I don't really need to watch TV and it will help limit my computer time." The next morning when I went to get some yogurt for breakfast I realize why this is a bad thing: my fridge isn't on. And I cannot cook anything to save the food before it spoils. Which it did, quite quickly, as I had to throw away my vegetables this morning. So, I am currently surviving off of peanut butter & jelly/honey sandwiches and keeping my yogurt in the fridge at work. Did my soup-making break the all the outlets? I even tried the "trip switch." Nothing. So I am wondering how much longer I will be working with this.
In addition to this, I have a giant metal box that hangs off my wall. Apparently, it is the geyser for heating my water. Said geyser seems to have sprung a leak and constantly drips on the floor... well, now it drips into bowls that I placed under the drips. But the room smells like drippy carpets. At one point the geyser was gushing water into the neighbor's yard. I didn't even know what it was, but now I am afraid it is going to explode and scald me with boiling water... or flood my room.
Lastly, whenever it rains my kitchen floor floods. I thought this made sense because my kitchen door opens up to the outside and there is a sizable space between the bottom of the door and the floor. So when it rains, which it often does, the wind blows the water under my door. But how does it get that wet?!?! I realized that the wall also leaks. The wall. Leaks. The bottom of my wall has green moldy stuff on it, apparently because water seeps through there.
So yes, I managed to break the house. I don't know how I did it. But I broke it. Oops?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment! If you have anything you are curious about and you want me to blog about, leave those questions here,too. I would love to hear from you!