Friday, February 19, 2010

Sorry, last post of the day.

I know, I know, I go on a hiatus from the blogging world and then you get a bunch all in one day. But this episode is called: I love South Africa.

Why, you ask? Well I have been walking around with this nasty, mucus-y cough... for nearly a month now. This week it only got worse as it coupled with a stuffed nose, a headache and stuffed up ears. Pretty miserable, to be honest.
So today I finally took everyone's advice and went to see the "chemist," which is what they call the pharmacist here.
I was looking for something that could fix these symptoms, until I finally just asked about my serious post-nasal drip issue.
"Well, is your mucus discolored?"
"Umm... it is the normal thick, yellow, nasty color...?"
"It is supposed to be clear. That means you have an infection. You need antibiotics."
"Oh. You need a prescription for that, don't you?"
"Well... are you allergic to anything?"
"No."
"Okay, then take these three times a day."

Voila. I have antibiotics for what it is probably a nasty sinus infection. No huge costs to visit the doctor and get the prescription. Just handed to me [at a legitimate pharmacy, too. No worries.] Thank you, Africa.

1 comment:

Feel free to comment! If you have anything you are curious about and you want me to blog about, leave those questions here,too. I would love to hear from you!