Thursday, October 1, 2009

Headache

So I have had a headache for the last few days because it feels as if every single hair follicle in my head is being pulled on... it seems that way because it is true. On Monday night I went to Fikile's flat where her sister spent two and a half hours putting my hair in "platts," or braids, or cornrows, or whatever you want to call them.

Fikile jokingly told her young son and nephew that I was Alicia Keys, and playing along with it I started singing bits of her songs. Apparently after I left her nephew said, "But what is Alicia Keys doing here? Why was she at our house?!" Haha, they actually thought I was Alicia Keys.

It took a few days to get used to-- I couldn't get past how white my scalp was and how the new 'do accentuated my stick-out ears. But it has grown on me a bit. When I walked into the office the next day everyone kept saying, "Oh! Now you are a real Zulu woman!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! If you have anything you are curious about and you want me to blog about, leave those questions here,too. I would love to hear from you!