Thursday, October 22, 2009

I love babies.


On Tuesday I had the pleasure to serve as a human carseat to a 2-week old baby as we traveled to Richmond and back. It had been a long time since I had held a baby that young, but we quickly became comfortable with each other and I loved looking at his tiny, tiny finger nails. [It was weird to realize that the crown of young babies' heads actually are a bit soft; I was afraid that I was going to poke his brain or something.]
Yesterday I went to the Willowfontein ELC again to delivery groceries to them. Remember that adorable baby that I took a picture of last time? [Probably not, because I take pictures of many adorable children.] Well he is starting to walk and walked right over to me. I picked him up and every time someone tried to take him away from me he would cry and hold on to my shirt for dear life. Yep, we're friends. And he is absolutely adorable. When it was time to leave I had to give him back [sad!], but it was so cute when all the children lined up against the fence to say bye. I love how young children will do whatever you do-- I blew them kisses and had about 30 sweet kisses blown back at me! As we drove away some of the kids ran along the fence to keep saying goodbye to us... It makes it hard for me to leave.
The kids here are so cute! All of them. How are they all cute? I stumps me. They are just so innocent and content with what they have, just happy to have someone to give them attention and a rock to play with. I hope my kids are cute and happy kids. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! If you have anything you are curious about and you want me to blog about, leave those questions here,too. I would love to hear from you!