Monday, October 5, 2009

Proud of Myself!

I am proud of myself. I did it.



Two days after being here I was told to make marketing materials to be hung up at the Natal Museum for Thandanani's 20th Anniversary... and that was the extent of the instruction that was given to me. I was given no computer with poster-making programs, I had no idea where to get the posters printed or laminated... I had two weeks and I feared that I would have to cut out pictures and glue them onto taped-up pieces of computer paper like I did in 3rd grade. Although I was feeling around in the dark, I did it. Fortunately I brought my old laptop with me, which has a stolen [by Anna's brother] Photoshop program on it. I don't really know how to use Photoshop, but I have played on it extensively. It took me a long time to figure out how to make these posters, but I did it. I even remembered to go back and edit all of my American spellings [from color--> colour, center--> centre, etc.]. I made all four of the posters, asked around until I found a printing place, got it laminated, called the museum director and had them hung up for the NGO celebration that launched this past Saturday. These four fine works of art will be hanging up until the end of March.

1 comment:

  1. you're so awesome, B. i'm sure they appreciate it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! If you have anything you are curious about and you want me to blog about, leave those questions here,too. I would love to hear from you!