Monday, October 19, 2009

I tag along and find myself in intersting places...

I got a text message from one of the Youth for Christ volunteers inviting me to some black-and-white attire event that they were invited to... and that was all the information I had. We didn't really know where we were going or what exactly we were going to, but the I ran down the street to a cheap Chinese shop to buy a 100-Rand dress and 100-Rand shoes (about $27 total) for the occasion. I was happy to dress up a bit. We paid 40 rand at the door and when I walked into the gym of this high school I was surprised at how beautiful it was. Twenty-eight tables decorated with beautiful candles and place settings. Apparently I had stumbled into a year-end party for the young adults at a nearby mega church. Other than the group that I came with I didn't know anyone so the funny skits and references made on stage were not as funny to me, but I was really happy to be there. My legs hurt like crazy from wearing heels the night of a track meet-- but this is a feeling that I am used to after 4 years of college. It was the first time I got to dress up, eat a nice dinner, and dance a bit since I had been here. It was fun! 
Mona, YFC volunteer from Germany,
and Marita, YFC volunteer from Australia

Isabella [Germany], Brittan [USA], Marita [Australia] and Mona [Germany].
There are other girls from Holland who are not pictured.

1 comment:

  1. Heels are the devil's spawn, even if you didn't compete in a track meet earlier in the day. I'll take flats or sneakers any day.

    Glad you could play dressup!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! If you have anything you are curious about and you want me to blog about, leave those questions here,too. I would love to hear from you!